Wednesday, July 9, 2014

1928 - Movies & More on Alaskan Pupmobiles!

Look what I bumped into!  
This is the same team of dogs I posted earlier when they were riding on the car. They have so much personality!  


I loved the first photo but it didn't occur to me to research it...until I bumped into this second photo in the Library of Congress archives.  While there isn't a lot out there on the pupmobile, what the University of Alaska has is great stuff.  The team below isn't as interesting, but how could I not add another pupmobile photo?



And they have movies at the University of Alaska Archive.


Pupmobile on the Seward Peninsula, 1928-1932


On YouTube another one of these movies is here.  It is misfiled in the archive and you just get the above film again when you download.
The University of Alaska has a big collection of movies with many of dog teams doing normal snow work.

No comments:

Post a Comment